Admission ProcedureApplication form
- IMI Admission Bulletin can be downloaded from our website www.imibh.edu.in
- Application form is available at the link https://imibh.formistry.com and must be submitted online.
- Applicant should complete the online application form and submit the same along with the admission application fee which is non-refundable.
- The admission application fee is as follows:
o An applicant desirous of applying only to the PGDM programme at IMI Bhubaneswar only will be required to pay a fee of Rs. 1000.
o An applicant desirous of applying to the PGDM programmes at IMI Delhi & any one of the other campuses of IMI will be required to pay a common application fee of Rs. 2000.
[For Example: A candidate wishing to apply to the PGDM programme at IMI Bhubaneswar only will be required to pay Rs. 1000. However, a candidate applying to the PGDM programme at IMI Delhi will be required to pay Rs. 2000. A candidate applying to PGDM programmes at IMI Bhubaneswar & IMI Delhi will be required to pay Rs. 2000].
- The admission fee can be paid through Credit Card/ Debit Card/Bank transfer through the designated payment gateway. No receipts are to be sent to IMI’s Admission Office in such a case.
- Payment can also be made by Demand Draft, drawn in favor of International Management Institute, payable at New Delhi for all campuses, giving the IMI Application Form number, programme and campus reference on the reverse of the Demand Draft. In the absence of the above information the application will be treated as incomplete and liable to be rejected. All payments by Demand Draft are to be sent to IMI, Delhi, irrespective of the Campus applied to.
Admission to the program is through the following:
Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by the Indian Institute of Management.
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) conducted by XLRI.
Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) conducted by AICTE..
- ·Foreign students, OCI (Overseas Citizen of India), PIO (Persons of Indian Origin), Children of Indian workers in Gulf countries and NRI (Non Resident Indian) candidates are also eligible and are required to tak e the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) at a test centre outside India, tak en not earlier than Decem ber 2015 and not later than Decem ber 2017, and submit such scores while applying to IMI. The students need to have a decent score in GMAT and TOEFL/IELTS. The applicants, once shortlisted, will have to go through the selection process as per IMI Bhubaneswar admission norms
- Indian residents who have appeared for GMAT, not earlier than December 2015 and no t later than Decem ber 2017 are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates will be required to furnish their GM AT scores w hile applying and provide an attested copy of the GMAT score sheet to the Admission Office for verification. GMAT scores without the above document will not be accepted and the application m ay be summ arily rejected.
- For foreign/NRI student.
Short listing criteria
Candidates who have appeared for the CAT 2017/XAT 2018 /CMAT 2018 examination or furnished valid GMAT score and have applied to IMI Bhubaneswar will be short listed on the basis of information provided in the application form, CAT/XAT/CMAT (sectional and overall) or GMAT score, educational background, marks in 10th, 12th, graduation and work experience. Only short listed candidates will be called for the final stage of the selection process.
Applicants should note that mere fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria may not ensure consideration for short listing by IMI Bhubaneswar. IMI Bhubaneswar will not entertain any correspondence on this subject and decisions of the IMI Bhubaneswar Admissions Committee will be final in all matters.
IMI Selection index consisting of CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT score, past academic performance in graduation, class XII & X, Extempore speaking, essay writing, IMI aptitude test score, Personal interview, besides other qualitative parameters, will constitute the core components of the final stage of the selection process. The IMI Bhubaneswar Admission Committee reserves the right to modify these components while communicating the same to the applicants at the Personal Interview stage. The overall objective is to identify and assess the candidate’s potential for a managerial career.
Company sponsored candidates:
- IMI Bhubaneswar accepts applications from Company sponsored candidates, within the approved strength of the program and such candidates will also be assessed as per the selection process described above.
- Candidates being sponsored by their respective companies must submit a letter from the sponsoring organization, to this effect and undertake to pay all fees and dues from time to time, during the complete duration of the program. This letter/undertaking will be required to be submitted at the Personal Interview stage.
- The fee structure for such candidates is different and can be obtained from the Admission Office of the campus.
Besides Bhubaneswar, the selection process will be conducted at other centers including Ahmadabad, Allahabad, Amritsar, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Jammu, Kolkata, Kanpur, Lucknow Mumbai, Raipur, Ranchi, Varanasi and Vishakhapatnam. Candidates should indicate their 1st and 2nd preference of interview center in the application form. If a candidate’s preferred centre is not allotted, for any reason, the candidate will be informed of the change. IMI reserves the right to change any of the centers for the selection process, without assigning any reasons.
Admission offer will be based on IMI Selection Index arrived after the assessment has been made during the various stages of the selection process, defined above. The result will be announced on IMI’s website. Applicants are advised to check the updates on the website at regular intervals. Offer letters will thereafter be dispatched, to the mailing address provided in the application form as also by email. Applicants are advised to provide their complete postal address and active email ID which should be valid up to 30th June 2018 for receiving important communications. Successful candidates, who have been offered admission, will be required to pay the 1st installment of fee within two weeks of the date of offer, failing which the offer shall stand lapsed and admission will be offered to the next candidate on the waiting list, without any further intimation. IMI will not accept any responsibility for non-receipt of any communication which is sent to the candidate’s address and mail ID provided in the Admission Application form.
Refund of Fees on Withdrawal as per the AICTE Guidelines
1. Refund of fees on withdrawal before the commencement of the program/cut-off date will be done, after deduction of Rs.1000/-.
2. Refund of fees on withdrawal will be done as per AICTE rules on ENTIRE PRESCRIBED FEES deposited by any student on the basis of APPLICATION for CANCELLATION submitted in duplicate with a request for refund in prescribed format.
The refund as per point no. 2 above will be subject to the following situations:
On request received before the date of the academic session & seat could be filled by the Institute before the cut-off date.
Entire fee less by Rs.1000/-*.
On request received on/after the beginning of the academic session & seat could be filled by the Institute before the cut-off date.
Entire fee less the seat Cancellation Charges on pro-rata basis**.
On request received before /after the start of the academic session & seat could not be filled by the Institute.
No Refund (except security deposit)
* Entire amount including the Security/Caution Money Deposit will be refunded to the candidate.
** For calculation of the Cancellation Charges on the pro-rata basis, one month shall be treated as one unit e.g. if the candidate cancels admission on third day i.e. within one month after the start of academic session & the seat is filled before the cutoff date, then Cancellation charges on pro-rata basis will be the higher amount of (Entire fee) /12 or Rs.1000/-.