Specialization : Finance
Designation : Assistant Professor
Email : email@example.com
Ph.D (Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi); MBA (R.D.University, Jabalpur)
Accrual Accounting, Financial Reporting and Valuation, Value relevance of financial statements
Dr. Santanu Das is an Assistant Professor in the Finance & Accounting area at IMI Bhubaneswar. His teaching expertise includes financial reporting, IFRS, Business Valuation. Prior to joining IMI Bhubaneswar, he worked as faculty in Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi for about 9 years and Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad for 3 years. He was also deputed from BIT Mesra as Finance Officer to State Project Facilitation Unit (SPFU), Jharkhand under TEQIP-II project of Govt. of India for 6 months from December 2009 to June 2010. He is on the reviewer's list Asian Review of Accounting (Emerald Publishers), International Business Review (Elsevier), Paradigm (IMT Ghaziabad).
Conference Proceedings & Papers
Das, S. (2016), “Do Accrual, Decomposed Leverage and Cash have any Information about Future Profitability - Evidence from India”, in National Conference on Commerce in 21st Century, Bhubaneswar, India, 24 February, Xavier University Bhubaneswar, Bhubaneswar, India.
Das, S. (2016), “Cointegration of BSE with Major Asian Markets - A Copula Approach”, Global Business Review, Vol. 17 No. 3, pp. 566–581.
Kumar, M., Das, S. and Govil, S. (2015), “Analysis of Stock Volatility Clustering using ANN”, Information Resources Management Journal, Vol. 28 No. 2, pp. 27–38.
Das, S., Tandon, D. and Sethi, S. (2013), “Emperics of Indian Stock Market Volatility”, Asian Journal of Research in Social Sciences and Humanities, Vol. 3 No. 10, pp. 1–28.
Das, S. (2012), “The Role of Leverage and Stock Based Variables in the Prediction of Cash Flows and Earnings – Some Evidence from India”, Afro-Asian Journal of Finance & Accounting, Vol. 3 No. 1, pp. 1–14.
Das, S., Goel, U. and Vaish, A. (2012), “Does Loan Loss Provisioning signal Income Smoothing? An Evidence from the Indian Banking Industry?”, ICFAI Journal of Accounting Research & Audit Practices, Vol. 11 No. 2, pp. 1–12.
For all publication click here
1. Attended Summer School in Empirical Financial and Accounting Research at IIM Calcutta from May 2-10, 2016.
2. Presented a paper titled "Do Accrual, Decomposed Leverage and Cash have any Information about Future Profitability - Evidence from India" at National Conference on Commerce in 21st Century held at Xavier University, Bhubaneswar on 24 February 2016.
3. Presented a paper titled "The Role of Accrual Components in determining the Net Income of a Firm- Some Evidence from the Indian Auto and Steel Industry", at the Nirma International Conference, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, January 7-8, 2010.
4. Presented a paper titled “Management of NPAs in Indian Public Sector Banks with special reference to Jharkhand” at the 10th Annual Conference on Money & Finance in Indian Economy, IGIDR, Mumbai, January 18-19, 2008.
Association with Professional Bodies
- Life Member of Indian Accounting Association
- Finance for Non-Finance Executives of IMFA Ltd., March 6, 2015
- Finance for Non-Finance Executives of IMFA Ltd., November 9, 2014
- Open MDP on Finance for Non-Finance Executives from July 11-12, 2014
- MDP on General Management for Senior Executives (E-6) of NTPC Ltd. from March 1-14, 2014
- MDP on Finance for Non-Finance Executives of NTPC Ltd. ER-II HQ, Bhubaneswar from 19-20 February 2014